My Day - Chapter one: After School

This is a true story of what happened to me yesterday. I actually planned on writing about the whole thing in one entry, but i ended up writing it in novel form. So this will be the first chapter of that day. I have future plans of gathering some of my blogs like this to make them into a book.

My day on April 17th, 2009 started like any other day, but the real story started after school. Kirsty, Grace, and I met up at our school's courtyard, our normal after school hangout. Justin, Krysta, and Patrick were there too. After a few minutes of talking and teasing, we all decided it was time to go home. The warm breeze blew through my hair, with the bright sunray shining down on us. It felt superb, like nothing bad is in this world, my worries of homework and life had drifted away like the dirt on my shoe.

When we got to the intersection, a car stopped on the other side of the street. A petit girl with raven black hair tied in a ponytail came out. It was April. We all crossed the road when the light turned green to meet up with April. She was especially cheery and jumpy.

"I made it! It went perfect!" exclaimed April.
"Congratulations! You're now officially opening up your crape business?" I replied.
"Yup! But I can't believe it was so easy! I spent all night preparing for this interview and all they did was look at my proposal and said I’m good. I'm still happy though! I'm getting $3000 from them and I just got my math test mark back this morning, I got 100%!" said April.
“I’m so happy for you!” said Grace.
“I’m so envious! See Patrick? I told you April was going to be more successful than you!” I said jokingly.
“wh-wh-WHAT? Uhhgg. I’m just lazy! You’ll see, you’ll see!” Patrick shouted in his defence. Everyone laughed at him. He’s such a typical easy target to make fun off.

“You guys hungry? My dad made a lemon moraine pie, but it’s way too sweet for me. I had one bite this morning and it made me feel sick! We’re going to throw it out, unless you guys want it?” asked April.
“AH! Of course! I’m so hungry!” exclaimed Grace.
“And Patrick will eat anything.” I added.
“Really?” April laughed.
“Yea it’s true, and I don’t grow fat either!” Patrick confirmed.

Everyone agreed that they were hungry and that they will help April waste less food. We took our time getting to April’s house, because the weather was too nice to go inside. We walked in our usual formation; the girls cluster in the front chatting and giggling, while the guys follow a few metres behind either whispering or talking loudly. Actually, talking loudly is an understatement describing the volume of their voice.

“Guys wait out here for a second, ok? I got to ask my dad if you guys can come in first.” said April.
“Yea sure of course.” I replied. April hopped off into her house happily.
“Her success makes me feel disappointed at myself. She’s not even a senior in high school yet, but she’s already starting her own business!” I said to myself, not realizing I was talking out loud.
“Well that’s April for ya!” said Krysta. That stopped my thinking process and made me realize what I just said.
“I am very happy for her though.” I added. I didn’t want anyone to think I was jealous or anything, though I might be, I’ll just be in denial about it.

April’s door opened again. “You guys can come in!” She yelled. Everyone rushed to get inside and get the first piece of the pie.

The pie looked normal enough, though it had more cream than I would like. The first bite was taken by Patrick, typical. “mmm it’s good!” said Patrick in satisfaction.
“But it’s so sweet!” April countered.
I took a spoon full to see who was right. My eyes widened and I made a fish face. My right eye started to twitch slightly.
“What’s wrong with your face?!” Grace asked.
“I just make weird faces when I eat.” I lied.
“See I told you it was too sweet” April insisted.
“No, actually, it’s more sour than sweet to me.” I said. That was why my face had those unrecognizable expressions. The pie was way to sour. But I was hungry too so I had some more. I was getting all the crust, because they were the most editable part in the pie to me.
“Yea it’s pretty sour” Said Kirsty, who had stopped eating.
Patrick used his fork and swirled his fork in circular motion to get all the cream.
“Ew Patrick” Said April.
“What? Just helping you finishing the pie. The cream is good!” said Patrick.
“Why are you so gross Patrick, stop that.” said Justin as he scoops a piece of the pie where Patrick didn’t ruin.
“I think he just ruined the pie.” Said Krysta.
“Yea…” I put my fork down. The pie was a big mess, and most of the crust was eaten.

No one else touched the pie. “You guys done?” asked April. Everyone replied yes, so April threw out the last few pieces. No one was actually full, but it was a good teaser. The pie made me hungrier, but at the same time I felt a bit fat. I had quite a bit of cream, and I felt my teeth were rotting.

“April could we play Ping-Pong?” Asked Justin.
“Yea! I got to pwn this noob.” Added Patrick.
“Yeah right!” Justin shot back.
“Sure, go for it.” Said April.
“Ohh! And I haven’t seen you basement yet, I’m going too!” I said as I followed the guys down the stairs.

The basement was cool, with a refreshing scent. The guys had already started their Ping-Pong match. There was a large red couch behind the Ping-Pong table. I walked towards it and sat down. Patrick was on the side that was closer to the couch. His boxers were showing due to his useless belt. The low ridding style really makes his butt look flat, but I didn’t want to comment on that. Noises were herd from the stairs, as four pairs of feet walked down. The girls came down to share the couch with me. April brought her piano homework.
“Is that harmony? Graced asked April ask she peeked at April’s homework.
“No, they’re music analysis. Gahh! I don’t get it!” April replied.
“Let me see!” said Grace as she took the booklet from April.

A small orange ball flew pass my head.
“Whoa!” Kirsty and I said simultaneously.
“Sorry bought that!” Justin apologized as Patrick ran behind the couch to get the Ping-Pong ball.
“How dare you!” I shouted and got to the Ping-Pong ball first. I threw the Ping-Pong ball at him, but he dodged it. Everyone was laughing; I chuckled at the sight of Patrick running after the ball, again.
“That’s for almost hitting us!” I exclaimed.
“Wh-wh-what?” Patrick stuttered, “It wasn’t even me! Justin was the one who smashed the Ping-Pong ball!”
“Well I blame you because you’re closer,” I replied, “I’m going to use the washroom now.” I flipped my hair back and walked up the stairs.

I was on my monthly. Mother Nature’s gift to me. I hate it. Some times I wished I was a guy so I wouldn’t have to deal with this, but no, I’m a girl. I changed my pad because I wasn’t allowed to use tampons. My mother thinks it’s bad and I might loose my virginity to it. She said I’m only allowed to use it after I marry my prince charming. Just then, sharp laughter pierced through the silence in the washroom. After I finished my business I went back into the basement. The girls were on the couch laughing.

“What’s so funny? What happened?” I asked with a confusing face.
“Justin’s butt is nicer than Patrick’s!” Said Grace.
I looked over at the boys, they were still playing Ping-Pong. Their position had been switched; Justin was now closer to the couch with his back towards the girls. April was going crazy, she one of those girls that laugh non-stop at things. I must admit, it was funny, and so true.

I sat back down again. The guys switched back to their original position. Patrick’s flat backside was facing us.

“Pull up your pants Patrick” said April.
“What? I like my pants low like that.” Replied Patrick.
“you know what I’ll pull them up for you” I said as I moved closer to Patrick.
“What are you doing…” said Patrick in a suspicious voice as he backed away from me.
“I’m going to pull up your pants for you since you refuse to do it yourself.” I smirked.
“I don’t like that look,” said Patrick, “I know you’re going to give me a wedgy!” Patrick started to run around to the other side of the Ping-Pong table.
“Trap him!” I shouted. Justin blocked Patricks way. All the girls got off the couch to grab Patrick. He was actually hard to catch, he found a seat beside the Ping-Pong table and sat down. He had a satisfied smile on his face. “You can’t give me a wedgy now! HA!” he said. “What ever, I’ll get you another time.” I said.

“Hey guys, want to go outside?” asked April, “It’s so nice outside!”
“Yeah I want to go outside too.” Agreed Kirsty.
“Alright! Let’s go.” Said Krysta as she smiled.
“Are you guys almost done?” Grace asked the guys.
“Yeah I’ll win in a few second.” Said Justin as he makes another smash at Patrick. The Ping-Pong ball went flying.
“Win? More like lose!” said Patrick.
“Hurry up! Said the impatient Kirsty.

Justin and Patrick put their paddle down. “Alright, let’s go.” Justin said.
Everyone walked up the stairs. Kirsty took her backpack. I took the hint that she didn’t plan on coming back, so I took mine too. Grace probably saw that so she asked me to pass her backpack to her. We put on our shoes and went outside.

and we all went home! the end! ...JUST KIDDING! well this is getting a bit long, so i'm ending the first chapter here. I'll start working on the next one soon.

Edit: Next Chapter's up! My Day - Chapter 2: The Bus Ride
~Lily

0 comments:

Post a Comment